Nothing gets a summer party going like tequila! This riff on a traditional White Strawberry Mango Sangria (with rum & soda) is sure to be a surprise favorite at any backyard BBQ or wedding.
Drunken Mango Strawberry Tequila Sangria
What you need…
- 2 cups of sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium size sliced mangos
- 1 bottle chilled dry white wine (sauvignon blanc or chardonnay)
- ¾ cup silver tequila
- 1 sliced orange
- Mint leaves
It’s pretty simple…
- Combine Strawberries, Mangos & Tequila in small bowl & let sit for 45 minutes in the fridge.
- Fill a large pitcher with ice, orange slices and mint. Pour drunken fruit mixture in and then the bottle of wine.
- Stir well & serve over ice.
- Top with extra fresh fruit or orange wedge for garnish. (Maybe a little paper umbrella for fun!)
Tips From The Pros:
Pro Tip #1 – Have time to prepare? Let your fruit sit in the tequila for 24 hours. This will add a bit more bite, and soften your fruit a bit for a more “muddled” option.
Pro Tip #2 – If you are concerned about the sweetness, you could always mix in a ¼ cup of sugar to the tequila and fruit mixture before it sits. This would take a bit of the tequila bite away for a more subtle option! Lemon lime soda is another good way to cut this down (as mentioned above).
Pro Tip #3 – Like your sangria carbonated? Why not try adding lemon lime soda (this could also help take the edge off the tequila bite) or sparkling water to your pitcher for a little bit of bubbles.
Pro Tip #4 – Not a tequila fan? That’s okay, not everyone is! Try switching out the tequila for a white rum. You could even substitute the hard alcohol for orange juice.
Pro Tip #5 – Cut your fruit THINLY! Thick chunks don’t actually absorb the alcohol fully. The thinner you slice your fruit, the more likely you are to have real boozy pieces in your drinks!